Friday, September 2, 2011

show us your life - favorite blogs

I LOVE BLOGS!!  Is it the glimpse into another family's life I like?  Is it the funny stories that keep me coming back?  The stories that make me cry I can't resist?  The feeling that there are families similar to mine that I feel a connection to?  The abundant recipes and helpful tips?  The connection to discounts and coupons?  I'm not sure I can put my finger on exactly what I like most about reading blogs but I know I can't stop!!  I'm linking up with Kelly's Korner to share a few of my favorite blogs in no particular order (well except maybe the first one).

1)  The Hertzler Family - This is my other blog.  The one I started when my oldest son was 3 months old and now he is almost 3 and 1/2.  It's my family site.  I share funny pictures and stories mainly for family and friends to keep up with us!  I also started a stash of recipes on this site as well.  If you really want to know more about myself and my kids just head this way!  It's not as much of me but definitely more of them!

2)  Into the Woods - This is my sister's blog.  She is married but has no children yet.  Working as a preschool teacher she has lots of funny stories to share.  Wise with her coupons and bargain hunting she gives great tips to help score great deals!!  She has such a funny way of sharing about herself, her family, and her interests.

3)  Finding Joy in the Journey -  A friend of mine from high school has been blessed with a beautiful boy but in their efforts to grow their family they have been facing infertility.  Her blog is an honest look at the ups and downs of their journey.  She is open and honest about her feelings of hurt and heartbreak but also highlights the immense blessings she has in the family God has already given her!  Join her as she finds joy in the journey of infertility.

4)  My Charming Kids - MckMama (as she calls herself), her husband, and their 5 kids, keep life interesting with all their adventures (spent the summer together in an RV traveling the country).  I enjoy her pictures and photography tips too!  The pictures at the top of my blog are courtesy of her when she made it to Denver this summer.  We were able to schedule a photo session with her and she captured some great shots of our family.

5)  Alaskarella - Although she is on a break from updating for while she is so funny.  I suggest you go back and read some of her posts.  She is the daughter of a former co-worker of mine.  Stationed in Hawaii for years while her husband was doing his residency the Army restationed them to Alaska.  It's funny stories or her adjusting to life in the cold land of Alaska while raising their two young daughters.  Her hubby has been deployed and while he is away, I believe she has come back to Colorado to be with her family until his return next spring.

6)  COOKING BLOGS!!  I love to cook and am always looking for new sites and recipes!
     * Our Family Eats
     * Picky Palate
     * Bakerella
     * Two Peas & Their Pod 
     * Real Mom Kitchen 
     * Brown Eyed Baker
   




1 comment:

  1. Thanks you so much for naming my blog one of your favorites! Im so honored:-)

    ReplyDelete