Monday, September 26, 2011

not me monday

Mckmama- Not Me Monday



Today I'm linking up with "not me" Monday from MckMama's blog.  A fun way to admit the things we did not do this past week.

I definitely did not ask Nathan what he had in his mouth, only to find out he was chewing on one of our cat's fingernails.  My son knows better than to pick of things off the floor and chew on them.

I did not leave the baby gate open at the bottom of the stairs so that my 10 month old could climb the stairs by himself and play with the toilet paper in the bathroom.  I would never do something that would put my child at risk for such a large tumble.  I am a very attentive mother who would not be trying to clean the kitchen and fold laundry while my child high-tailed it upstairs only realizing he was gone because it was too quiet. 

All three of our cars have needed work in the past month so when we went to pick up the Subaru from the shop I did not agree to meet my husband there on his way home from work.  I think through things so thoroughly that I would have realized before I packed up the kids and headed half way across town that if both my hubby and I were already driving cars there was no way we could bring the 3rd car home from the shop with us.  As a quick thinker I would have seen the flaws in that from the beginning.    

After sorting out our plan to pick up the car my husband did not give into our 3 year old's screaming, call me in the Subaru, have me pull over and move him to my car.  We do not tolerate such meltdowns and we certainly do not give in to these.  There was no way I felt bummed out to lose my alone-ness in my car and have to share the radio, conversation, and quietness with my son.  I love him too much and want him by my side constantly.  A childless car ride would be too lonely for me to handle

I did not tell my son to just pee in his nighttime pull-up for the remainder of the night after getting up twice during the night to use the potty.  I would never want to discourage such potty training successes just so I could sleep and not get up with a cranky, tired boy in the middle of the night.  

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I have NEVER told one of my kids to "just pee in the pull-up" ~ nope, not me!

    Your post did NOT make me LOL

    I did NOT see your link over at Mckmama's blog, and I did NOT come over to say hello.

    Oh, and I am NOT a new follower of your blog, either...so don't even bother looking for my blog's icon in the GFC Follow box :)

    Katrina
    They All Call Me Mom

    ReplyDelete