Thursday, September 8, 2011

because...

Being 3 is all about me (Well, not me, but my son.  So I guess it's all about him.).  Nathan wants what he wants, does what he wants to do, acts how he wants.  Doesn’t matter if it’s appropriate or not he is just doing what he thinks he should do or wants to do.  I guess that is where my hubby and I come in to wrangle the wildness of being 3!  Or maybe instead of wrangling we should all adopt the reasoning of a 3 year old.   
Here is how Nathan justifies many of his behaviors or choices.
At the circle time rug at school.  “I sit on the red bee with a 3 because that’s how old I am.”
Convincing me why Thomas the Train needs to come with us in the car.  “I NEED Thomas because he’s my favorite number 1 blue engine.”
“I picked the blue one because blue is my favorite color.”
“I need chocolate ice cream because chocolate is my favorite.”

His reasons, justifications, explanations are starting to rub off on me.  I may just have to use these sometimes.  

"I'm not clean the house because I want a cleaning service to do it."
"We are not watching one more episode of Dinosaur Train, Umizoomi, Super Why, Cat in the Hat, because then I'm stuck with these ridiculous theme songs in my head all day."
"I'm not changing any more dirty diapers because trying to wrangle a 9 month old is seriously too much of a work out for me."
"I'm not going to the grocery store anymore because I really dislike pushing the school bus shopping cart all around the store."  Could those things be any harder to control!
"I'm not going to go to bed because I know as soon as I fall asleep I'm going to hear the cries and calls of my children and have to drag my tired self out of bed."


1 comment: