Monday, September 5, 2011

a taste of fall

It's so close to fall I can almost taste it.  Signs fall is right around the corner...

*  The not-too-hot and not-too-cold daytime temps and the almost chilly nighttime temps.  Sunday afternoon I sat in my bedroom reading a book, windows open, listening to the leaves rustle in the slight breeze.  Seventy degree temps cooled the house enough that I kept my toes under the covers as I read.

*  College football!  The start of football season is always a sign fall is right around the corner.  We jumped right in throwing our first college football party of the season!

*  School is back in session.  Fall used to be marked by my returning to work (teaching) after summer vacation.  Now it's my oldest son starting school - preschool that marks the start of fall.  That, and the fact that my hubby is taking his last (finally) class for his master's degree this fall.

We had a great long weekend and enjoyed some swimming, our family football party, church, and errand running.  My hubby worked on planting the trees we bought for the backyard and I even helped with the mowing.  A few nice walks around the block were enjoyed with the cooler weather.  Nathan rode his bike while Levi kicked his legs with joy in the stroller.

It's going to be a wonderful fall if this weekend gives any insight of what is to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment