Wednesday, August 31, 2011

only as a parent

Only as a parent

...do the words, "Honey, do you have a ya-ya?" actually make sense and be routinely said.

...do reminders like "grab a giraffe" get yelled up the stairs.

...do I wash a pair of outgrown crocs in the dishwasher so our little one will have a pair of shoes to chew on.

...would I see our baby chewing on dirty shoes and figure there are worse things he could get into.

...actually go against my own words and use one of those kid leashes and be grateful I did.

...would I put up a baby gate to keep the kids out of the kitchen so I can cook in peace (sort of).

...pray for my kids to go to bed and then actually want to wake them because I miss them.

...would we have simplified names of food items as Nathan was learning to talk and never corrected him.  Honey Nut Cheerios is known as bee cereal, any form of meat is referred to as meatballs, crackers are designated by their shape.

...would I realize my child had seen too much TV when he started re-enacting the toilet paper commercial. "Hey mom, could you toss me a roll?"

...would I tell my hubby the kids are driving me crazy and want to escape and then cry moments later when I hear the song, You're Gonna Miss This.

...would I hold my babies and wish they would never grow up because I know that one day the little hugs and cuddles will not be given so freely.

...would I truly understand the words, unconditional love and sacrifice.  I love being a mommy!











1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post!! I totally get the wishing they would go to bed but then miss them minutes later - I have that feeling all the time!!!

    ReplyDelete