Tuesday, August 30, 2011

crockpotalooza

I love cooking with my crock pot!  In fact, dinner last night was shredded beef brisket - a little apple juice, salt, pepper, lemon pepper, garlic seasoning, and 7 hours on low gave us tremendous BBQ beef sandwiches!

Another blog I follow, Kelly's Korner, is having her readers link up to share their best crock pot recipes!  FABULOUS thinking!!!  I'm always looking for really good crock pot meals!

Catalina Chicken 
Frozen (yes! frozen) chicken breasts or tenderloins (4-6 breasts or 10 tenderloins)
1 can jellied cranberry sauce
2/3 bottle Catalina salad dressing (do NOT use the low fat version)
1 pkg of Lipton's French Onion Soup mix


Put chicken and remaining ingredients in the crock pot.  You don't even have to stir them together - just dump and go (I do break up the cranberry sauce a little as I scrape it out of the can and into the pot).  Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours. 

I usually serve this chicken over rice and with a side of veggies.  The sauce is sweet and tangy and oh so DELICIOUS!!

Also today, when I was checking out Facebook my sister-in-law "liked" the site Crockpotgirls.  You have to check them out!!  Looks like some amazing recipes here too!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! Much more so than socks in the dishwasher :) LOL. I'm going to have to try this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *LOL* I love the name of your blog! Popping over from Kelly's Korner! This recipe sounds delish and boy do I love that it starts from frozen...for those days when it is already noon (how did that happen??) and oops, I forgot to defrost anything! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! Sounds like something I can't mess up :) Beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete