Sunday, August 21, 2011

it's all in the name

I stay at home with my two boys, Nathan and Levi.  As I'm cleaning the kitchen early one morning my 9 month old, Levi, helps me by pulling silver wear out of the dishwasher as I'm trying to load more.  As I'm loading dishes, I look down to see that Levi has brought one of his brother's socks into the kitchen and loaded it in our dishwasher.

Socks in my dishwasher?  Socks in my dishwasher!  That's it!!  That's the title I've been searching years for.  You see, this isn't my first rodeo blog.  I love blogging!  I've created and deleted several blogs in the past few years focusing on family, recipes, meal planning, and my own crazy thoughts.  The problem is that I was never really into these blogs because I didn't love their name.  I wanted something catchy, something fun, something beyond what my limited non-creative mind could come up with.

Socks in the dishwasher is such a great picture of my life.  Like my life, this name is a little silly, a little cute, a little bit funny, a little random, and yet, a little bit normal.

The name of this blog is curtousy of my children and will probably focus mainly on them.  But I also look forward to using this place to be a little silly, cute, funny, random, and even just normal.  A place where socks in the dishwasher is just another story from another day in my life!  Enjoy!

 

1 comment:

  1. I love the name, very cute and for me relate-able! I haven't had socks in the dishwasher, but we have washed many random toys!

    ReplyDelete